Documentation, Reference Materials and Tutorials for Envira Gallery
Do you want to add a watermarked logo to your gallery images? We have you covered with the WaterMarking Addon! This doc shows you how to specify a watermark image to overlay full size images uploaded to your Envira Galleries using the Watermarking Addon.
- Configuration Options
- Can I remove the watermark once it’s been applied to an image?
- Will the watermark be added to all images sizes automatically?
- There’s a delay between when I configure the Watermark for my gallery and when my images are finally watermarked. Why?
- Can I use GIF files in my gallery and add the watermark?
- I don’t see the Watermark tab on the Dynamic Gallery?
- Why are the lightbox thumbnails not updating with my watermark?
- Ultimate, Agency, Pro or Plus Envira license. You can read how to upgrade to one of these licenses here.
- WordPress 4.4+
- Envira Gallery 184.108.40.206+
Please follow our instructions on how to install and activate addons.
In this instance, you’ll be activating the Envira Watermarking Addon.
Create or edit a Gallery, then navigate to the Watermarking tab to configure your Watermarking settings:
Once you’ve configured the Watermarking settings, update or publish your gallery to apply the settings. You can then either Apply the watermark to existing images in the gallery or upload new images which will automatically apply the specified watermark.
View your gallery on the front-end of your site and you should see the images display your watermark as configured.
That’s it! You have created your watermarked gallery. If you want to add additional protection by disabling right click on your images, check our Protection Addon.
This table describes the available configuration options for your Envira Galleries when using this Addon.
The Programmatic Name and Programmatic Values columns are used when configuring the Dynamic Addon’s shortcode or template tag, or when overriding the default settings for creating a new Gallery.
|Config Item||Description||Options||Programmatic Name||Programmatic Values|
|Enabled?||Enables or disables the Watermarking of images uploaded to this Gallery.||Enable/Disable||watermarking||0,1|
|Watermark||The image to use as the watermark||Image||watermarking_image_id||Media Library Attachment ID|
|Position||Define where to position the watermark over the image.||Top Left, Top Right, Center, Bottom Left, Bottom Right||watermarking_position||top-left, top-right, center, bottom-left, bottom-right|
|Margin||Sets the space between the edge of the image and the watermark.||Numeric value, in pixels||watermarking_margin||Integer|
Q: Can I remove the watermark once it’s been applied to an image?
A: No, the watermark is applied to the original image so it cannot be removed once applied. You’ll need to re-upload the original image to your gallery.
Q: Will the watermark be added to all images sizes automatically?
A: Yes, the watermark will automatically be added to all images sizes generated for each image in your gallery. Your images will appear with a watermark when viewed in the thumbnail layout, in lightbox view, and even the thumbnails if you enable thumbnails to appear in lightbox view.
Q: There’s a delay between when I configure the Watermark for my gallery and when my images are finally watermarked. Why?
A: The server your website is hosted on will process the images in the background to add a watermark. If the images you’re watermarking are very large, there are many images in your gallery, or your server is running slow for any reason, you may notice a lag between when you configure watermarking for a gallery and when the images are done being processed by your server.
This is controlled by your server and cannot be modified through Envira. If you’re noticing very large lag times, you may wish to contact your web host about how to improve the performance of your server.
Q: Can I use GIF files in my gallery and add the watermark?
A: We recommend that you not use GIF’s when creating a watermark gallery. Because GIF’s have limited colors, overlaying a png file (your watermark) to a GIF image will most likely not be aesthetically appealing in your gallery.
Q: Why don’t I see the Watermark tab on the Dynamic Gallery?
A: Currently, watermarking is unavailable for dynamic galleries. This is due to the nature of how Dynamic galleries use and detect images.
Q: Why are the lightbox thumbnails not updating with my watermark?
A: If you did not set up the watermarking functionality before uploading your images to the gallery, you will need to change the Image Dimensions in order to force the regeneration of the images. This causes a new image creation using the watermark.
- Added: Fancybox3 support.
- Fix: Minor bug fixes.
- Fix: Various minor bugs.
- Fix: Various minor bugs.
- Fix: Various minor bugs.
- Updated: Spanish translations
- Fix: "Black box" should no longer appear when a watermark image that is taller than the gallery image.
- Updated: Standardised edit screen titles and descriptions
- Updated: Spanish translation
- Added: Documentation and Video Help Links
- Updated: Spanish Translations
- Updated: Spanish Translation
- Added: Spanish translation
- Fix: Some strings had the wrong text domain
- Fix: .pot file added
- Added: Option to apply watermark to existing gallery images.
- Initial release of the addon.