Digital Photography Tips, Tutorials and Resources
We’re pleased to introduce our expanded video gallery support options for Envira Gallery 1.8.1. More video platform integrations allow you to add more video sources for your galleries. We’ve added integrations with all the most popular video sharing and video hosting providers.
The latest video integrations added are:
- Instagram Feed support
- Instagram IGTV support
- Facebook video support
- Twitch.tv video support
- VideoPress video support
- DailyMotion video support
- YouTube Playlist support – this includes personal playlists from your account and the ability to start a video at a particular min/sec clip from the video
Note: YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia and self hosted are already supported.
Live Video Gallery Demo
We’ve also taken care of the following in this update:
- Fixed: Updated API for Vimeo support.
- Fixed: Wistia support in Lightbox.
- Fixed: Better support for autoplay for certain videos types.
- Fixed: Better compatibility with XTheme.
- Added: Random image gallery widget.
- Added: Limit images option for standard gallery widget.
- Added: Filter for Lightbox ‘idle time’.
- Enhancement: Added support for featured images.
- Enhancement: Updated video admin UI w/ additional settings.
- Fixed: Minor bug fixes.
For Step by Step instructions on how to enable video support for your galleries and take advantage of these new integrations, check out our documentation for the Video Addon.
These are just some of the updates for 1.8.1, to see the full list of items covered in this update, checkout the Change Log page in your Account panel > Downloads tab.
Whats Coming Up Next?
We’re hard at work on Envira Gallery 2.0, which will introduce a new tool to choose pre-configured popular layouts, new templates, advanced Lightbox customization, improve our current feature set and much more.